Third International Symposium on Research and Management of Eutrophication in Coastal Ecosystems
27 Maj 2007: First meeting of the Organising Committee, the Programme Committee and the Editorial Committee
15 June 2009: The call for suggestion of sessions and workshops opens
1 October 2009: Deadline for submission of suggestion for sessions and workshops
1 January 2010: Outline programme available - click here to read more
1 February 2010: Submission of abstracts opens - click here to read more
1 May 2010: Deadline for submission of abstracts
10 June 2010: Revised programme and abstracts are now available - click here to download the EUTRO 2010 programme including abstracts
15-18 June 2010: Symposium
15-18 June 2010, Nyborg, Denmark
The ICES/DHI/NOAA Symposium on Research and Management of Eutrophication in Coastal Ecosystems (EUTRO 2010) will take place 15-18 June 2010 in Nyborg, Denmark. The symposium will focus upon the most recent results and experiences in regard to research and management of coastal eutrophication. Hence, the target audience is a combination of scientists and regulators.
EUTRO 2010 will in particular focus on conceptual understanding of eutrophication, loads and cycling of nutrients, reference conditions, primary and secondary effects, trend reversal (oligotrophication), monitoring, modelling, assessment as well as development of adaptive and knowledge-based nutrient management strategies.
Please note that registration is still open - click here to proceed.
Key note speakers
EUTRO 2010 has invited 11 internationally reckoned key note speakers, all being selected because of their individual qualifications and experiences.
The key note presentations include:
- "Complex phytoplankton patterns where land and sea meet" by Jim Cloern
- "Making science influence environmental policy decisions" by Adrienne Sponberg
- "Processes affecting the nutrient discharge from land - now and in the future" by Per Stålnacke
- "Eutrophication and harmful algae" by Patricia Glibert
- "Zoobenthos and benthic-pelagic coupling in relation to eutrophication" by Linda Schaffner
- "Ecosystem service evaluation and coastal management" by Kerry Turner
- "Nutrient management, European Directives and The Ecosystem Approach: lessons learned" by Mike Elliot
- "Ecological and economical effectiveness of nutrient mitigation measures in the coastal Southern North Sea: an integrated modelling approach" by Christiane Lancelot
- A "Symposium Summary" will be presented by Anna-Stiina Heiskanen, Nancy Rabalais & Robinson W. Fulweiler (also known as the three wise ladies)
Click here to read more.
EUTRO 2010 is supported by:
- Swedish Environmental Protection Agency
- National Environmental Research Institute - Aarhus University
- Agency for Spatial and Environmental Planning
- The Coastal & Estuarine Research Federation
- University of Southern Denmark
- Baltic Marine Environment Protection Commission
- BONUS Baltic Organisations Network for Funding Science EEIG
- OSPAR Commission